Sunday, July 5, 2015

Things you can do while holding a baby...

Hello, friends!

Well, life is considerably different now that little Ezra has arrived. For one, my sleep schedule is considerably different than what it used to be (Megan's is even more so). For another, I really like holding him and just looking at him. Rara doesn't do much yet but he's kind of addicting.

Of course, the problem is that even though Rara wants to be constantly held and I constantly want to hold him, there's still stuff to be done. This means we need a hand free system.

Enter… the Mobi…

Friends, seriously, this thing is just a really long piece of cloth but I'm pretty sure it's magic. You wrap it around your body and over your shoulders. Then you slide the kiddo into the fabric against your body. Just like that, your hands are free and you're good to go! Baby is warm and happy because he can hear your heartbeat. You're happy because you can now do stuff. Below is a list of things that I've found you can do while holding a baby.

Read a book: Meg has gotten even better at this because she can read a book (actually, a Kindle) one handed while feeding him, which I find as a miracle in of itself (remember, she's a rockstar). I've learned that I can read while holding him without too much trouble, especially if I'm lying in bed. It's pretty great.

Play video games: Mobi + Baby = two free hands. I'm not saying that I plan on doing this often. I'm just saying that the Miami Dolphins beat the New England Patriots 107-13 in Tecmo Superbowl while I was holding a week old baby.

Play the guitar: This was something that I was just trying really quickly. I found out that I can position the guitar in such a way that I can hold both without too much discomfort. Rara didn't cry while I was strumming so I guess my playing isn't too bad.

Clean the house: I've been told by my lovely wife that this is possible. =0).

Write a blog: Can you guess what I was doing earlier?

There are still a lot of things that I'm interested in trying and some things that I know will never happen. I believe that I can fish, golf, and ride a bike while holding a baby but you'd better believe that those ideas got vetoed. I guess we'll never know.

The important thing is that while Rara has been an absolute joy and I want to spend every moment of the day with him, there's still work to be done and that means I've had to adjust. The adjustments have gone well and I'm looking forward learning more.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

1 comment: