Thursday, July 2, 2015

Nesting...

Hello, friends!

How do I manage to go an entire month without posting? Seriously, guys, you need to do a better job of reminding me to blog! =0).

Ok, it's really my fault. I apologize. Please forgive me.

Happy July to you all! This first week of July is a very momentous week! Every year we have the beginning of InterVarsity's year (July 1), my cousin Stephanie's birthday (July 2), my parent's anniversary (July 3), and then Independence Day (July 4). This first week is always jam packed. Of course, this year there's also another very special thing happening this week. Megan is due with our first child tomorrow!

We have no idea when Baby Boy Leong will get here (we're hoping soon) but we've been preparing for him for the past 7.5 months (when we found out Megan was pregnant) in what apparently is known as "nesting."

I've had a lot of fun nesting with Megan because I've noticed how different we are when it comes to how we nest. It's definitely not one of those "my way is better than yours" sort of things. In fact, I'd say our nesting styles compliment one another very well. Here's a sampling of our different nesting styles:

Megan picked the color for the baby room so we could paint. I called a contractor so we could get our roof repaired.

Megan arranged the baby room and has been decorating, including purchasing all the furniture that we need. I've been looking at our finances to see where we can cut expenses.

Cleaning the house? Megan is on point. Checking on the sump pump? I'm your man.

(I should note that these aren't separate things we are doing. It's just a matter of who is taking the point in initiating these nesting procedures. I help with the cleaning and we make the financial decisions together.)

I love it because both pieces of our nesting are totally vital in terms of making sure that Baby Boy has a safe, warm, loving home, where he can thrive. Megan and I have had conversations about how thankful we are for one another to be able to share the load when it comes to preparing for parenthood. We couldn't imagine not partnering with one another.

So, friends, please pray for us, especially these next few days. Pray for comfort for Meg as we wait for labor to start. Pray for patience for both of us as we wait for labor to start. Pray for a smooth process without any medical complications. Please pray for our new addition, whenever he arrives.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment