Sunday, July 1, 2012

The List...

Hello, friends! 
I have been here in California for just a few days, but it already has been great.  The weather has been gorgeous and it has been fun hanging out with Phuzz (my brother) as well as Mama and Papa.  I have been working hard on sermon prep as well as fundraising but it hasn't been overwhelming. 

One thing that has been especialy great is that I am slowly but surely working my through "the List."

"The List" is places where I need to eat while I am in California.  One of the things that I miss the most when I am in Missouri is that the food in California is head and shoulders above most anything that I could get in Missouri.  Well, maybe I should say that since I grew up it California, I am used to a certain type of cuisine being available to me that is not available in Missouri.  Whenever I come back to Cali, I make it a point to hit as many spots on The List as I can.  I don't always get to all of them but every place I do hit is always delicious.  In no particular order, here it is:

- In N Out: Sure, it may be cliche, but this is one delicious burger.  All I need is a double double with grilled onions and an order of fries every 6 months or so and I am golden. 
- Tommy's: Straight up, this is the best chili burger in America and I will fight anyone who disagrees.  Ok, maybe I won't fight you, but it is super delicious.  It is actually a bit of a tossup between Tommy's and In N Out for which burger I like best.  (Blasphemy, I know).
- Alerto's: I have 4 words for you: Carne Asada Super Fries.  Need I say more?  I didn't think so. 
- BCD: Soon doo boo is Korean soft tofu soup.  There are 3 things I know about soon doo boo.  1) It is delicious.  2) it comes with unlimited sides that are also delicious 3) no place in Missouri comes even close to making a decent soon doo boo.  
- Fish Tacos: I don't always get to this one done but there's nothing quite like a good California fish taco.
- The Hat: Pastrami + the biggest chili cheese fries ever = happy Adam
- The Mad Greek: Ok, there's actually nothing special about the Mad Greek.  It's more nostalgia than anything else.  We used to eat this all the time growing up so it has some sentimental value.  =0). 
- Don Leonardo's: Formerly Taco Fiesta, this is the little hole in the wall Mexican restaurant next to church.  Much like the Mad Greek, there's nothing particularly special about this place besides the memories.  But that's still pretty good.  Oh, and the asada nachos are a beast. 
 
And then there is "The House."  The Mandarin Noodle House is located at 701 Garvey in Monterrey Park.  It takes about 45 minutes to drive there from my house.  They only take cash.  They also have the best beef noodle soup on the planet.  Hands down.  No contest.  Thanks for playing.  The beef is always tender and flaky.  The noodles melt in your mouth like a beautiful symphony.  The broth... well, the broth is simply the nectar of the gods. 

So, that's the list.  Thus far I have hit In N Out, Alerto's, and Don Leonardo's.  We are going to the House tonight.  Life is so good.  =0). 

Prayer points:
- I am going to be preaching next Sunday at my home church!  Please pray for me as I prepare.  Pray that God will speak through me and to the congregation. 
- The plan is to take a mini vacation Wednesday through Friday.  Please pray for a restful time with family and Jesus. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment