Sunday, July 8, 2012

Heading back!

Hello, friends! 

Today marks my final day in California for the summer, and my final day in California as a single man.  =0).  Tomorrow, I head back to Saint Louis to get back to work (as well as see Meg again).  In many ways, it has been too long away. 

Mama always asks me on my final day if I was able to do everything that I wanted to do while I was out here.  When I was an undergrad, I had 2 months or so to eat everything I wanted to eat, see everyone I wanted to see, and do everything I wanted to do.  Now, with being back for less than 2 weeks, things get a little bit tighter.  Still, I'd say I had myself a mighty good time. 

- Hanging out with the fam.  When I came in, Papa was out of town on business.  A few days last week, Mama and Papa went away for their anniversary.  This weekend, Phuzz took the church college students out on a retreat.  So, for most of my time out here, one member of the family was missing.  Still, I was able to spend time with them and enjoy that time.  I went golfing w' Phuzz and ate tons of food w' Mama and Papa.  Tonight we will have one last meal together before I head out. 

- Seeing old friends.  The truth is that I don't keep in touch with many of the folk from back in the day.  I saw everyone from CBCOC who is still in town, which was good.  I saw one friend from high school, which was also fun.  Ultimately, though, I don't have as many roots here as I used to.  Thus, I feel good about the time I spent hanging out with folk. 

- Eating lots of delicious food.  Check, check, and check.  You saw my list.  Well, you will be happy to know that I nailed just about everything on there.  I even got to go to the House twice.  =0).  I will always love the food here in Cali and I will always miss it when I go back to Missouri. 

- Do some fundraising.  This time back I got to do some real fundraising, which actually was a joy.  This morning I preached in service (hopefully the audio will be available soon) and this afternoon I met with the church mission committee.  I was also able to make a number of donor appointments and do some asks.  It was a full time here, which I appreciated. 

- Read Harry Potter.  Before I got my Kindle, I used real books.  =0).  Well, if you guys know Harry Potter, you know that those are some long books.  Every time I go back to Cali I try and read them because they are here and I don't want to carry them all the way back.  I have made it through the first 3.  I may have to read through the night to finish the series properly. 

Prayer Points:
- Please pray for journey's mercies as I return home.  I have a tendency to get motion sick on planes and am not a lot of fun after I land. 
- Please pray for the prep that comes starting tomorrow.  I need to get back into my rhythm quickly so that I can keep going on semester prep as well as wedding planning. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment