Sunday, October 6, 2013

Fall Conference By the Numbers...

Hello, friends! 

Megan and I just got back from our Fall Conference, joining InterVarsity Chapters from all over the great state of Missouri.  Words cannot express how tired I am or how awe I am of God's goodness.  Our theme this weekend was Dwell and we can't definitely say that God was dwelling with us.  I think I might be too tired to write much so let's do this by the numbers. 

292 - miles round trip driven to our camp location
174 - students who attended Fall Conference, which may be our biggest ever (I'll have to check that)
150 - boxes of ramen purchased to feed said students during one glorious snack night
19 - staff, including paid staff, volunteers, and interns, who helped make this conference happen
12 - school represented, including students from Missouri State and Missouri S&T, where there is currently no InterVarsity work
9 - Mizzou ACF student leaders who led our 28 students in attendance during small group time
4 - students from Mizzou who made re-commitments to Jesus
2 - ACFes who made first time decisions to follow Jesus
1 - crazy awesome God who showed up BIG.

Friends, God is good, isn't He?!  Praise him for a wonderful weekend and for new life in the kingdom.  Angels are partying hard right now in heaven.  =0). 

In a few days, after I clear it with some students, I hope to post a story or two about how students learned to dwell with God.  I promise, it'll be good. 

Please pray for the students as they return to campus and "real life" tomorrow.  As I was praying last night I got the sense that the prayer we need for them is not protection but boldness.  Please pray that they will be bold in owning what happened this weekend and unashamed to proclaim the Gospel. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment