Wednesday, October 14, 2015

A New (but kind of a bummer) Milestone...

Hello, friends!

In just a few hours, we will be embarking on a new adventure, and one that I must say, I'm torn. Here's the scoop.

Y'all know that I love Asian American Ministries. I love being Asian American. I love reaching other Asian Americans with the Gospel. I love talking to people about why it's great to be Asian American and why they should be trying to reach Asian Americans with the Gospel alongside me. It was an easy call then when I was invited to coach a staff out in Boston on how to reach Asian Americans on the campus via the "secular" student organization. When I started Mizzou ACF all those years ago, I started by getting involved in Mizzou's Asian American Association (AAA). With only 2.5% of the student body population being Asian American, AAA was a great way for me to meet a lot of Asian Americans at once. In Boston, they are going to try to reach their Asian Student Union (ASU) so they asked me to coach a staff as she did it. I was more than happy to say yes!

One piece of the coaching includes a visit to Boston to see the staff in action as well as meet her students and give a little "on the ground" coaching. T used to live in Boston so I've been there before but I was definitely excited to go. Megan is going to a wedding in Virginia with Ezra this weekend anyway, so it seemed like as good a weekend as any to make a visit.

While I was packing, I had a revelation... This is going to be my first weekend away from Ezra and Megan since he was born. In fact, this is going to be my first night away from those two since Ezra was born. For the past 3+ months, I've pretty much been able to count on the fact that at the end of the day, I'd be able to kiss my wife and son goodnight before going to sleep. The streak ends tomorrow night.

All said and done, I think I'm ok with it. It was bound to happen at some point, right? It's just a few nights and I'm not a super emotional person anyway. Still, it's a bit of a bummer to think that tomorrow night, I won't be able to bounce Ezra to sleep while singing "Closing Time." I guess all good things must come to an end.

Friends, we really need your prayers this weekend for all of our travels. Please be praying first for journey's mercies, that all 3 of us will get where we need to go and get home safely so we can be together as a family. Second, please be praying especially for Meg. She'll be the one taking Ezra on the plane and taking care of him this weekend in a place that isn't Columbia. Finally, please be praying for Ezra, that he'll be more like his mom on the plane (no motion sickness or discomfort) and less like his dad (generally a mess).

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment