Thursday, September 13, 2012

Windshield Planting...

Hello, friends!
As you  guys know, I have the pleasure of training 3 interns on 3 different campuses across Missouri.  Robert is working with me at Flo Valley, Wes is scouting Maryville University, and Charis is working at Mizzou and Columbia College.  Hmm, I guess that's 4 campuses.  =0). 
 
Well, Wes just sent me this email and I thought I would send it along.
Wesley,
Sounds great! I'm excited to hear your vision and more about invervarsity christian fellowship. After I got your email I looked it up on the internet....I didn't realize it was such a huge organization! I would be willing to meet up at the Kaldi's on campus anytime, if that works for you. I'm going to try and get a few friends interested as well to bring along because many of them are Christians, but uninvolved in any clubs/fellowships! My schedule is crazy with classes, work, homework, and trying to visit my newborn twin nephews...so let me know what times you are available and I'll see what lines up with my schedule!
Thanks!
K
A missional student at Maryville! That's great, right? Well, it gets better. Here's how they met:
Wesley was in the parking lot at Maryville and saw a car with some Christian bumper stickers on it. He then proceded to write a note that "basically said that I noticed the two stickers on the car and introduced myself as part of InterVarsity. I said we're seeking to potentially start a chapter at Maryville and asked to connect with the owner of the car to either learn more about the campus or share some vision with a fellow believer." He then put the note in a plastic bag to protect it from dew (I love engineers!) and left it on her windeshield. As Wes put it, "It was really sketchy in hindsight." =0).
I love it when folk take risks,  I love it when those risks lead to awesome things.  I love it when God moves unexpectedly. 
 
Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment