Sunday, September 9, 2012

Exciting!!!

Hello, friends!

Exciting, exciting news! 

On Thursday, Robert and I went tabling at Flo Valley, to try and meet students who might be interested in being a part of InterVarsity.  My last post talked about some of the fun and interesting people that we met while we were tabling.  What came just a few minutes after I posted, was this email from Emma, one of the students who we met on Thursday:

It was nice meeting you guys too, I appreciate what you guys are doing on campus.  I would love to hang out with you guys and learn more about your stories as well, and how and why you guys do this stuff :)  I would love to see more community on our campus, so that is something I would definitely consider being a part of.

I will be on campus on Monday, and am free anytime after 12:15 :)

I am also thinking about going to the fall conference.

Thanks so much,

Emma

For me, the best thing about this email is that I was totally sure that we Emma was a lost cause.  When we were talking on Thursday, there was another guy that was looking at the proxe so I invited him to join our conversation.  He started going off on Christianity and how it was the same telling of the same story that has been told for thousands of years in mythology and such (I wrote about him last week).  I was trying to get the conversation moving and I was certain that Emma was going to check out before things got too weird.  I guess I need a little more work on reading people, eh? 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment