Thursday, September 15, 2022

Pray for Fall Conference!

Hello, friends! 

InterVarsity Fall Conference has a very special place in my heart. It was at Fall Conference during my Freshman year that I had a major encounter with Jesus and really started my faith journey in a profound way. As a staff, I've seen students have those same profound experiences with Jesus at Fall Conferences. I've had the pleasure of preaching at Fall Conferences and directing Fall Conferences (I'm pretty sure I was much better at the former than I was the latter). 



Fall Conference is special for a number of different reasons. In InterVarsity land, it is often the official "end of NSO season." Much of the invitation that happens during the first few weeks of school is to get students to Fall Conference. It's pretty common for students who attend Fall Conference, especially those who make significant decisions to follow Jesus at Fall Conference, to be committed to the Fellowship for the rest of the year. Added to that, Fall Conference is special because we know that the Holy Spirit moves there. I've seen it with my own eyes. I've experienced it as a student and as a staff. Fall Conference changes lives in a really cool and powerful way. 

Creighton is going to be having its Fall Conference this weekend, from Friday-Saturday. Megan, as interim Area Director for Nebraska, will be helping with conference logistics. I'll be with the kids but we plan on visiting after soccer on Saturday (#GoBlackWidows). 

Would you please be praying for Fall Conference this weekend? Pray for the staff as they lead students. Pray for the students who will be in attendance and for those who are thinking about coming. Pray that the Holy Spirit will move at Fall Conference and that this will be a catalytic moment for the IV chapter. Pray for all the logistics, from travel to housing, to snacks. Pray that the kids (or me) won't miss Megan too much while she's gone. =0). 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam 


No comments:

Post a Comment