Wednesday, September 7, 2022

Back in Lincoln

Hello, friends!

Last week, after a while summer off, I got to return to Lincoln, Nebraska to hang out with the ACF crew! I'll be heading out there every other week to see the crew, join in on Bible study, and generally be of as much help as possible.

Classes just started a few weeks ago, and everyone is still getting used to their schedules, so Figs (the student leader) wasn't sure if folk would come. However, I had a trick up my sleeve...

Free food.

That's right, I'm not above a little bribery. Dinner was on me and we got the best fried chicken in Lincoln. It was fun to catch up with folk, get to know them more, and to a little planning for the year to come. One student joked, "maybe we should just do Bible study here every week." She was a little taken aback when I said, "Sure!" =0).

I'm looking forward to this year with ACF. It's always fun getting together with students and connecting with Asian American students is always a joy. My hope is that I'll be able to cast vision for the crew to be more than just an insular Bible study but a real missional force in Nebraska. I'll buy as much fried chicken as it takes to make that a reality.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment