Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Birthday Blog!!!

Hello, friends! 

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone for all the texts, calls, and Facebook posts wishing me a happy birthday.  I am way blessed to have so many wonderful friends and family who love me. 

Second, I need to give a very special shoutout to my lovely wife, Meg, who totally made my birthday.  She threw me an amazing surprise party and I totally didn't see it coming.  It had all my favorite food, many of my favorite people, and pretty much was the greatest thing ever.  I don't know if you know this or not but my wife is pretty awesome.  =0). 

You guys know that I am about efficiency.  I love looking at how to make things work better while expending less energy.  One of the ways where I have seen it manifest itself is through thinking about my birthday.  Follow me here.  My birthday is less than 2 weeks after the New Year, which is usually a great time for reflection, resolutions, and resetting.  What I've found myself doing is getting all my birthday reflecting done at the same time that I start thinking about the year to come.  It's a two-fer!  (And I sure do love a two-fer!). 

What does 28 hold for me?  Hopefully the same things that 2013 hold for me.  I want the year of 28 to be one marked by dependence on Jesus and going big.  Last night, Meg asked me what the highlights were from being 27.  She wouldn't let me say "getting engaged" or "getting married" counted (even though they were totally the highlights), so I had to think a little more.  I think that what I loved about 27 was that it felt like I came into my own a bit.  I really think that I improved as a staff worker, as a brother, as a son, as a friend, as a boyfriend/fiancee/husband, and as a follower of Jesus.  26(/2011) was a year where I felt like I was struggling to get by in many ways.  If felt like I was surviving but not thriving.  27(/2012) felt like I was starting to find a rhythm and getting more settled.  My hope is that 29(/2013) will be a year where that growth continues. 

One last thing.  This week students from Maryville and Florissant Valley started classes.  Next Monday, Columbia College, UMSL, and Mizzou get under way.  We have our pre-semester retreat coming up this weekend.  Meg has already begun tabling at UMSL.  "Next Semester" has officially become "THIS semester."  Please pray for both Meg and me as we begin this semester.  Pray that God will move powerfully in the lives of students and that He will continue to do a good work in us as He works through us. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment