Monday, February 20, 2012

Video Killed the Radio Star...

Hello, friends! On Friday I spoke for my alma mater, WashU Asian Christian Fellowship (Go Bears!!!). I usually speak there once a semester or so, usually to my great pleasure. Also, usually I tape my talks and post them here so you can see me at work. This time I won't be posting any video. I won't say that Friday was one of my worst talks ever. In the years that I have been doing this, I have definitely grown and learned how to be a better speaker. I'll bet if you took this talk and put it up against one of my earliest, it would certainly be more polished and succinct. BUT, this one definitely made me feel like a rookie again. There are probably a number of reasons why this was. I was out the earlier part of this week with migraines so I did not have the time to prepare that I normally would have had. We are getting into the busy part of the semester. There was an accident on my way in to Saint Louis so it took me an extra hour to get in, putting me behind and making me a little flustered. Ultimately, though, it's on me. If I am going to accept these speaking gigs then I have a responsibility to the students to be prepared. Anything less is unfair to them and unfair to me. As I have been thinking and processing more about the whole thing, one thing that has jumped out to me is how much I need to trust Jesus in the midst of these seasons. I have to trust that Jesus is going to be speak through me, even if I am not at my best. I have to trust that there is enough time and that Jesus is enough. I have to trust that things are going to be ok, even if I don't think they are. Have an excellent day! ~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment