Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Adam's Odyssey...

Hello, friends!

What a day, what a day, what a day! Yesterday was one of the days when the reality of having two fellowships and the reality that God is in control of both of them were both made very clear to me. Let's break it down, shall we?

6:05PM - Call Shawn to go over the BCM bible study that he is going to be leading @ 7. How exciting is it that Shawn is ready, willing, and able to start to lead out already?!

6:07PM - After the call, I decide to spend a little time with Jesus. I had just finished a workout so I was still at the Student Rec Complex. I had a decision to make. Do I bike home and hang out with Jesus, or do it at the Rec. I decide to do it at the rec.

6:30PM - I finish hanging out with Jesus and am about to leave, when I see one of my ACF students. I ask her how she's doing today, and she says that she has been feeling dizzy for the past 24 hours. This is definitely a cause for concern so I offer to take her to Student Health. She agrees.

6:39PM - We get to Student Health and while my ACF student is getting checked out, I send a text message to Shawn asking him to pick up Edwin for Bible study. Shawn never receives the text.

7:01PM - My ACF student and I leave Student Health with a prescription in hand. The plan at this point is to take her car (remember, I biked) pick up her prescription, drop her off at her place, and then have one of the ACF leaders who her neighbor take me to my house so I can drive to BCM bible study.

7:05PM - Get a call from Shawn asking if I'm coming. He never received the text, which means he didn't pick up Edwin either.

7:07PM - Call Edwin and find out that he's at a Walmart that is right by our spot for bible study and it has a pharmacy that is open until 9.

7:30PM - Drop my ACF student off and Walmart and pick up Edwin.

7:40PM - Drop off Edwin at bible study, explain things to Shawn, and head back to Walmart.

7:50PM - Pick up my ACF student and take her home.

8:15PM - Drop off my ACF student at her house. Here's the new plan. I have a church small group that meets on Tuesday mornings @ 6:15AM and finishes around 7:30AM. My student has class at 8:00AM. So, the plan is that I take her car, go straight to BCM bible study, take her car to small group, meet her on campus before her class to give her the keys, then bike home.

8:45PM - Finally get to BCM bible study. Rather, I get to the apartment where the BCM bible study WAS. By the time I got there, things had already wrapped up. =0).

I was thinking back on the night that was earlier this morning, and it was so obvious to me that God was totally at work. Let's break it down:

- I decided to hang out with Jesus on campus instead of back at my place. I also finished right on time so that I would see my student.
- We had already decided that Shawn was going to lead bible study on Monday.
- Edwin happened to be at the Walmart that had a pharmacy (common) AND was close to the apartment where bible study was going to happen (too good to be true).
- All this happened on a Monday, meaning I would be up early Tuesday morning.
- My ACF student's class was at 8:00AM, making the timing perfect.

All said and done, A bible study was led, a student was cared for, and God was given the glory.  Hooray!!!

Prayer points:
- We are currently recruiting for City Lights in ACF. Please pray that God will move in the hearts of students to sign up and go on this life changing trip.
- BCM momentum. In the next few weeks I will be doing some traveling for various reasons, meaning that I will not be spending as much time on campus. ACF will be fine, but BCM is still at a point where I do most of the heavy lifting. Please pray that God will continue the momentum in BCM in spite of my absence.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment