Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Doing Work!

Hello, friends!

I'm here at Mizzou's Multi-Cultural Center (MCC) getting some admin done. I've been writing emails, putting together a few bible study ideas, working on some general research, and stuff of the like.

What's more important than WHAT I'm doing is WHERE I'm doing it. The MCC is a really interesting place because it's kind of a safe space for all the high identity ethnic minorities on campus. There table where I'm working is where the Asian American students usually do their work. To my left is are the tables where the Latino students usually do their work. To my right is where you'll find the Black students. The couches right in front of me are a true testament multiethnicity... that's where EVERYONE takes a nap. =0).

I decided to spend more time doing work here for a couple of reasons. First, I tend to get more work done when I'm not at home. The Super Nintendo, the kitchen, and the bed are definitely too close for me to be productive. Second, it's so much more fun working next to students and distracting them from doing their work while actually talking to them about Jesus.

Ever since I gave my laptop to a coworker, I've been on campus more to use their computers. But, what I realized is that when I'm just working in the computer lab, I'm not actually interacting with anyone. I'm just doing work. When I work here at the MCC, I am actually killing 2 birds with 1 stone. I'm not only getting work done but I'm also getting to connect with students and even model relational evangelism to our Core students when they are studying in the MCC too.

So, friends, please continue to pray for my admin days. Pray that God will bring the right people to the MCC and that there will be much fruit borne here.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam 

No comments:

Post a Comment