Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Top Ten!!!

Hello, friends! 

Did you miss me?  I missed you all.  Where have I been?  I got married!!!  Hooray!  Yes, the past few weeks have been a bit of a blur as I got married, went on my honeymoon (Jamaica!), got back, went to Fall Conference (more on that later), and spent pretty much all of yesterday trying to get my new married life in order with my awesome wife. 

It's been 10 days since I tied the knot, so I thought it would be fun to do a Top Ten list of the Ten Best Things of These Past 10 Days. 

10) Playing with My Ring.  I don't wear much jewelry beyond my watch but this ring is really cool!  It is made out of titanium, which has a number of advantages.  It is way cheaper than gold, which was nice, but it also can't be adjusted, which means I have all sorts of incentive to not let my hands get fat.  =0).  Seriously though, I have been having a lot of fun getting used to my new bling. 

9) Reception Flash Mob.  Apparently, my sister (The Kid) choreographed a flash mob and sent it to everyone at the wedding so they could participate.  It was so cool seeing so many of my friends and family dancing together.  I think my favorite part of the whole thing though was that the Kid found the ONE Kelly Clarkson song that makes sense to play at a wedding. 

8) The Generosity of Our Friends.  We have some great friends.  We were flabbergasted by the generosity of everyone.  We now have way too much stuff in our apartment but it's full of stuff that shows how much people love and care about us.  Hooray! 

7) Family Reunion!  Meg and I have a lot of family.  Her parents are both 1 of 9 children and on my side we apparently breed like bunnies so there was family galore at the wedding.  It was so great to see grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, and everyone together to celebrate with us. 

6) Paying for Stuff.  Ok, this may seem really odd but I have gotten a kick out of paying for stuff, knowing that my money is now Meg's.  We haven't officially joined the bank accounts yet but the thought that Meg and I share our finances along with everything else is pretty cool. 

5) No More Curfew!  When Meg and I got engaged and once Meg moved into the apartment, we decided to set a curfew so that we would not be tempted physically before we got married.  Now, 11pm hits and I don't have to go home!  Even better, 11pm hits and I already am home!  Life is good. 

4) Jamaica!  6 days and 5 nights in Jamaica wasn't quite enough.  Man did we have fun.  We got to swim with the dolphins, learn to dance reggae, watch some crazy awesome steel drumming, hang out on the beach, swim in the ocean, enjoy delicious food (jerk chicken is so amazing), eat ice cream at every meal (for Meg), and drink all the chocolate banana shakes I wanted (for me).  If you haven't been, I suggest going. 

3) Covenant Renewal Ceremonies.  =0).

2) Mrs. Leong.  I still giggle every time someone refers to Meg as "Mrs. Leong" or I get to call her my wife.  How cool is that?!  I have a wife! 

1) Waking up Next to My Wife.  I am not a morning person.  It usually takes me a little bit to get going in the morning.  But these past few days, waking up, and turning to my left to see my wife, my best friend, the love of my life, is such an amazing feeling.  Knowing that I get to do that for the rest of my life is even better. 

So, friends, those are my top 10.  There are so many great things about being married.  I couldn't have asked for a better 10 days.  Here's to (at least) 10 more!  =0). 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment