Hello, friends!
Yesterday was a banner day for Nebraska InterVarsity and one that I'll remember for quite some time. I'd say it was the day that I really felt like I was really doing this Area Director thing. Let's break it down, shall we?
9am - Prep for Table Time. UNO was having its Activities Fair later in the day (more on that later), which meant we needed to get ready for our table. That means I had copies to make, stuff to load into the car, parking passes to buy, and a little bit (OK, a lot) of prayer to get ready for the day
10:30am - Get to UNO to setup the Activities Fair. Jabin was already there and we were going to be joined by one of the UNO student leaders. We were opting for a plant theme. We had a plant raffle and a spot where people could share how they wanted to grow this year.
11:00am - Students start showing up! It was so great to see Jabin in action, meeting students and telling folk about the InterVarsity group. I'm definitely a little out of practice when it comes to tabling but it's sort of like riding a bike; you never really forget. =0).
11:20am - Megan comes arrives. One because I forgot the candy (Rookie mistake!). Two because I needed to run to Metropolitan Community College so we could have our first bible study of the year there. Hooray!
12pm - Bible Study at MCC. Friends, can I tell you how great it is to study the Bible in community? Our group is doing a study through Matthew. Session 1 had one more person than expected (hooray!) and everyone had a great time.
1:30pm - Debrief with Staff. Since Megan was there for more of the tabling than I was, I wanted to pick her brain about how things went from her perspective. Tl;dr - it was great seeing Jabin and Sher in action, people liked the plants, and overall, there's a lot of promise. Jabin had the same sense of feeling good about how things went. We're planning a pizza party type situation for Monday when we officially kickoff at UNO.
3pm - Meeting with Bobbi. Bobbi is our official volunteer out in North Platte, about 4 hours west. We check in monthly just to see how things are going and to see how I can be of help. She said that things have launched at MidPlains (where she works) and that so far, things are going well! There group is going to be launching small groups this semester and she's excited about the prospect of helping mentor some of the women in the group.
6pm - Hastings kickoff. Confession: I haven't been to Hastings yet to see the group. Megan has been coaching them for the past few years and I asked her to keep it up for this year since I was going to be getting used to the new Area Director position. Megan said that the Hastings group had their first meeting of the year and that 10 students came, which was very encouraging for the student leader there. Praise the LORD!
Granted, this is only one day in the school year, and we've already had some setbacks in other parts of ministry, but I can't help but be encouraged. It was a good day and one I'm thanking God for.
Friends, would you please pray for more days like this? It's such a beautiful thing when people get connected to Jesus and to one another as well. Please pray that as the school year starts, more students will get connected, not for our glory but so that they can meet the God who sees them and loves them and so they can grow in their faith.
Have an excellent day!
~Adam
No comments:
Post a Comment