Thursday, April 18, 2024

It's Baseball Season!!!

Hello, friends! 

We are now squarely into Spring, which means it's the most wonderful time of the year. Baseball season has begun again!!!

The beginning of the baseball season is the best. Everyone still has a shot and hope springs eternal. With 162 games, the stakes are a little lower game to game. All you need to do is stay close and anything can happen later in the summer. 

It should be well documented that I'm a die hard St. Louis Cardinals fan. Last year was tough, watching our boys go through a really bad season. I kept waiting for us to turn it around but we never did. There were injuries, sloppy play, slumps, and poor front office decisions, which turned our season into a largely forgettable one. Of course, I'm well aware of my baseball privilege. The Cardinals hadn't had a losing season in over 15 years, the second longest active streak up to that point. I'm used to playoff baseball and being in it until the end. Last year was a weird one but I have faith that last season was an anomaly, not the norm, like for some fans. Of course, I hate losing but that's also the great thing about baseball; there are so many games that the sadness doesn't last for too long because there's another game tomorrow. 

A few years ago I wrote about how baseball always has and always will be my first love. Even though I don't watch as much baseball as I used to watch (the kids are more into watching soccer and football), there's still something about sitting down and watching the Cardinals play that really gets me to my happy place. 

Ezra and Thaliea are signed up for baseball again this summer. Jonah is signed up for T-ball too. For Ezra, he'll be in player pitch, so we've been working on his chuck. It's not great but it's coming around. He still has a long way to go but I'm looking forward to continuing to teach him, and the others, about America's past time. 

Go Cardinals! 

~Adam


No comments:

Post a Comment