Friday, October 13, 2023

The Return of Migraine Season!

Hello, friends! 

A few weeks ago, I got hit with COVID for a few days. The worst of it was the fatigue (I needed a LOT of naps) but my other symptoms weren't too bad. I'm definitely glad that I didn't appear to have any long-COVID effects. 

However, one of the things that has been a little more frequent these past few weeks has been headaches, which is unfortunate.

For a long time, I had a pretty bad migraine problem. Through a lot of observation and analysis, I figured out that there were three main factors that contributed to my migraines; my water intake, my sleeping patterns, and the weather. While I can control two, I can't control the third. 

One of the things I've done over the past few years has been committing to drinking more water. I shoot for at least 100 ounces every day, and I've been pretty good about keeping up with that. That's done a lot of the heavy lifting in terms of helping me not have migraines anymore. In terms of sleeping patterns, I found that I when I have consistent sleep patterns along with taking longer naps when I do actually nap, that helps as well. 

The one thing that I haven't been able to control is the weather. I've had the most migraines in October and March, which I think has to do with the change of the seasons. I've read some studies about how the change in barometric pressure can trigger migraines, and the October and March in the Midwest bring on a lot of weather changes. 

Lately, the weather changes haven't been a big deal because I've been really diligent about the other two things. However, in the past few weeks, I've definitely had more headaches. Thankfully, none of them have turned into full blown migraines. I'm still able to function, get work done, and play with the kids. 

I don't know if the headaches are COVID related or not, but I do know that I don't like them much. If you're the praying type, I'd certainly appreciate them. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam 

No comments:

Post a Comment