Friday, August 18, 2023

Wild Travel Days!

Hello, friends!

There are all sorts of exciting things happening right now in the Leong household. The kids have just started school again (3rd grade for Ezra, 1st grade for Thaliea, and daycare for Jonah), Megan and I are starting our 15th and 17th years with InterVarsity, and Megan is starting her new role as Assistant Regional Director for Training and a Development.

But the big thing I wanted to write about today was how our summer ENDED, namely, with some wild travel, both nationally and internationally.

Megan's trip to and from World Assembly was relatively straightforward. She flew to Los Angeles, then to Singapore to visit some former students, before hopping over to Jakarta for world assembly. Her trip back was Jakarta to South Korea (to see more students) then to Los Angeles, Minneapolis, then back home to Omaha.

Our travels here stateside were a little more complicated. 

July 30: Drop Megan off at the airport then drive to Watertown to visit Megan's parents
July 31 - August 2: hanging out in Watertown
August 3: drive back to Omaha
August 4-5: in Omaha, packing for the next trip and watching Thaliea complete in her first triathlon 
August 6: drive to Kansas City to pick up my dad from the airport, then my dad and the kids got picked up by my aunt to spend some time with her in STL while I was at the Big Dig.
August 7-8: Big Dig for me and STL for the kids
August 9: finish the Big Dig and drive to STL, having dinner with a friend in CoMO along the way
August 10: in STL with the kids and my dad, including a trip to the zoo.
August 11: back to Omaha to try to clean the house a bit before Megan gets home on the 12th.

All said and done, I'm not sure how many miles we traveled, how many shows got watched on tablets in the car, or how many chips got eaten as part of the ever present "snack time." What I do know is that I'm glad it worked out and I'll be glad if I never have to do it again. =0).

Have an excellent day!

~Adam





No comments:

Post a Comment