Thursday, August 3, 2023

Big Dig!!!

Hello, friends! 

Starting Sunday, over 50 staff and students from all over the Region will be coming together in the KC Area for The Big Dig, our pre-Fall conference. This will be our second year doing the Big Dig and I'm excited for the ways that God is going to show up. 

This will be an interesting Big Dig for me on a number of different levels. For one thing, it'll be just me going. Since Megan is in Indonesia and World Assembly (more on that in a few weeks), I can't staff the conference and watch the kids at the same time, so my aunt will be driving in from St. Louis to pick them up in KC and take them to StL for the week. My dad will also be flying in to eat KC bbq help watch the kids too. This means I'll be staffing a Regional Conference without any of the family around. I suppose I did something similar for Urbana but that was a National thing and this one will have lots of other families there. 

Another interesting thing will be that my role for the Big Dig will be a part of the Worship Team. When I was a younger staff, my ability to play multiple instruments meant that I was constantly recruited to help lead worship. However, as I got older, that role was passed to the younger staff. Well, apparently as I start Year 17 with InterVarsity, I'm back on the Worship Team saddle! I'll be banging on the drums this week, which really is the best because I don't have to worry about singing or being in tune. =0). 

Please be praying for us this next week. Between Omaha, KC, and StL, there's a lot of travel involved. We'll also have students and staff coming from all over the Region so that's even more travel. Also, please pray that the kids will do well with my Aunt and Dad. Finally, please pray that God will move in a really powerful way for the students and staff in attendance. The Big Dig was a really transformative experience for a number of folk last year and we're really praying that the same will be true this year. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam




No comments:

Post a Comment