Friday, April 2, 2021

A Good Friday Indeed...

Hello, friends! 

Happy Holy Week and Good Friday to you! I hope that you and yours are safely celebrating the resurrection this weekend. He is risen! 

People who know me know that I'm not much of a celebratory or a holiday person. I don't usually do much for my birthday or any of the major holidays. I enjoy being with family and celebrating various things but it's not the biggest deal in the world to me. In years past, Good Friday has been a day that I've celebrated and acknowledged but it hasn't been something that has had a huge impact on my day today. 

This morning, as I was hanging out with Jesus, Good Friday struck me a little bit differently. As I reflected on how hard and stressful the past year has been, I was reminded that Good Friday and Easter mean that Jesus' power is power over everything.

In between dealing with the stress of the pandemic for the past year, the rise of anti-Asian violence (including the most recent shooting in Atlanta), having to lead a training in the midst of processing the Atlanta shooting, finishing up leading a series at church for the past 2 months, and the general doldrums of not quite being out of Winter even though it's technically Spring, it's comforting to know that Jesus can cover all that. He's covered me before, he's covering me now, and I know he'll cover me again. 

So, as I finish up work today, then we head out to SoDak to spend Easter with Megan's side of the family, I'll be doing my best to not think about all the things that still need to get done and how messed up the world is. I'll be thinking about how it's a Good Friday indeed, because of the good work of Jesus. 

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment