Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Collegiate Day of Prayer

Hello, friends!

First of all, we have a new episode of Story Central dropping tomorrow. If you haven't already checked it out, you should totally subscribe! This week, our episode is a panel discussion I moderated for our Corners '21 conference this past weekend. We also have a special surprise at the end of the episode!

Secondly, I'll be preaching again on Sunday. You can stream the service from our church website, Facebook, or YouTube. Hope to "see" you there! 

Speaking of preaching on Sunday. I've caught a cold. If you could be praying for healing but also clarity of mind as I prepare my sermon, it would be much appreciated. 

OK, now onto the good stuff. 

I'll admit that prayer isn't one of my strong suits. It's something that I do regularly but I can't say that I'm someone who goes to prayer first or that I'm someone who hears clearly from God on a regular basis. Still, as I've spent more and more time in this job, I've seen first hand the importance of prayer and the power of prayer. 

My absolute favorite story about prayer wasn't actually a prayer that I even prayed. When I was a Senior in college (#GoBears), I was at a Men's fellowship thing for ACF. There was a Freshman there and we got to talking. He talked about how he wasn't a Christian and I think he was actually an atheist. I challenged him to try praying and to see if God would actually answer his prayers. He jokingly said, "Oh, sure. What am I going to pray? 'God, please give me $100?'" It just so happened that I'd visited my aunt earlier in the day and she gave me $100 as some spending money. It was still in my shirt pocket. I pulled out the $100 and said, "You mean this $100?" That student didn't give his life to Jesus right then and then but he was mighty freaked out and that began a long journey towards Jesus for him. 

Why am I telling you this story? Because on Thursday is the Collegiate Day of Prayer. All over the country, people are going to be praying for college students and college campuses. This isn't an official InterVarsity thing but it is something where we're happy to partner. I've seen the power of prayer. My hope is that as we ask for more of God's goodness to go to every corner of every campus that we'll see that God is faithful and that he answers prayers. 

There's more information on the Collegiate Day of Prayer on their website. Whether you join in the events or just spend some time praying on your own on Thursday, thank you so much for praying for the campus. Here's to more miracles and more of God's goodness going to every corner of every campus. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment