Friday, August 28, 2015

Treasure Hunting Goose Chases...

Hello, friends!

Here's what I hope you'll consider a fun story about following Jesus and planting!

I went to Lincoln yesterday and decided to do some treasure hunting prayer. Treasure hunting prayer comes from Mark 14 when Jesus tells 2 disciples to go look for a man carrying a water jug so they can have a place for the passover. The idea is simple. You spend some time in listening prayer, asking God to give you an image of some sort. Then, you go looking for that image (treasure hunting) and seeing what you find there. Sometimes they are places on campus (ie "Go to the fountain."). Other times they are more abstract.

As I was listening, the first phrase that popped into my mind was "red shoes." After a little while longer of listening and not really hearing anything else, I decided to go for it and walk around campus looking for red shoes.

As I was heading up towards the Soldier's Memorial, I saw a woman wearing PINK sneakers. I debated in my mind whether or not pink counted as red but before I could decide, I saw a man wearing very red sneakers and a cross earring walk past. I decided to follow him.

Oddly enough, I never caught up to him or got close enough to call to him without being awkward. When I got within calling distance, I was passing the library and a different man said hello to me. Not wanting to be rude, I stopped to talk to him and found out that he's a Christian staff member who works in academic services. One more contact in the books.

Walking back towards the memorial, another woman called to me telling me to get punch and ice cream. The library was having an ice cream party and the woman was the head of the library as well as an ordained minister in MidMO. Let's add to the Christian faculty contact list, shall we?

I finish up my conversation with her when I see 2 women walking back towards their dorm. One of the women definitely had very red sneakers, so I decided to follow them. I get up to their dorm and offer to pray for them. They were very much not into it but said I could. As I was praying for them, a Christian student who I had met LAST week walked out of the dorm and towards the student center. This student was one who I think has the potential to be a person of peace but I wasn't sure. At least I know what dorm she lives in now and I was able to remind her of who I am. =0).

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment