Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Greetings from Multiethnic Staff Conference!

Hello, friends!

Greetings from sunny Orlando, Florida, home of InterVarsity's Multiethnic Staff Conference(MESC). Every 3 years, staff from all over the country come together to renew our mission of seeing multiethnicity happen on college campuses in a real and powerful way. I am excited to be here to learn and to lend my voice to the conversation about what it means for us to be a truly multiethnic movement.

Friends, as I experience Day 2 of MESC, I can already tell you that your prayers are necessary, for me personally as well as the conference as a whole. Yesterday, as we started, you could tell that many of us in the room were excited but nervous about what the conference would hold. Our movement has experienced some turbulence these past few months as we have dealt with the events in Ferguson, New York, Cleveland, and other areas where the #blacklivesmatter movement has gained momentum. In some ways, our movement has done well. In other ways, we have failed staff, students, and campuses. Many of us here are hopeful that this conference will be a catalyst towards a healing process while also catapulting us towards embracing cross-cultural reconciliation and cross-cultural mission. Still, like I always say, there is much work to be done.

So, please be praying for us. Pray for me, that my heart will be open to receive what God has for me here, as well as that God will give me the courage to speak when he asks me to speak. Pray also that I will be fully present and not preoccupied with the things still to be done back in CoMO. Pray for the leaders of the conference, as they prepare and listen to the Spirit for guidance. Pray for our movement, that this conference will begin a renewal of our commitment to godly multiethnicity. We need your prayers.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment