Thursday, September 10, 2026

Fall Conference Season!

Hello, friends! 

School is very much in session, which means we've started our Fall Conference Recruitment! Yes, Fall Conference is already upon us. 

Fall Conference is an event that has a very significant place in my life. My first few weeks of college were really hard for a variety of different reasons (you can ask me about that story later!). It was at Fall Conference that I first really heard the voice of God and felt his presence in a real way. It was there that I made the decision to be a follower of Jesus, and that put me on the path that I'm currently on today. Every year that I've attended a Fall Conference as a student or a staff, I've seen the Holy Spirit move in a really powerful way. I'm expecting nothing less this year. 

Our theme this year is out of Ezekiel 47. That's a passage that our Region has adopted for the year as one that we're going to be focusing on for the next few years. I'm excited to see how God uses this passage to move on campus. 

I do love Fall Conference, but it's HARD WORK on the staff side. There's the recruitment aspect of things, complicated by the fact that most of our students haven't attended a Fall Conference before. One of the best ways to recruit is via word of mouth from other students. If students have never attended Fall Conference before, they don't know how great it is and they can't recruit their friends. 

Another aspect is that this year, I'll be directing our Fall Conference. It's been a bit of a whirlwind trying to get up to speed on my Area Director duties, learning about the campuses I'm serving, getting out of Sabbatical Brain, AND adding conference directing onto my plate. We're making it, but it's a tough go. 

My friends, I'd love it if you'd be praying for us during this season. Please pray for our recruitment, that students will say "yes" to taking a chance on Fall Conference and that they'll be bringing their friends. Also, please be praying for me as I direct and try to juggle all the things that need to be done. It'll be great and I know that Jesus will show up. I'm excited to see what happens when he does. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

PS: If you're interested in giving a scholarship to help students attend Fall Conference, you can do so here: https://give.intervarsity.org/?v=A082024&g=23124,o

No comments:

Post a Comment