Friday, February 4, 2022

Winter Olympics!!!

Hello, friends!

My, it has been an eventful 2 weeks, hasn't it! Since I last posted, we had our RLT meetings (it was so good to be meeting in person!), we celebrated the Lunar New Year (happy year of the Tiger!), and JoJo has been dealing with a nasty case of a stomach virus (thankfully, the NP doesn't think it's anything related to COVID).

HOWEVER, there is one event that takes right now... IT'S WINTER OLYMPIC SEASON!!!

Friends, I LOVE me some Olympics, and I am probably in the minority of Americans who like the Winter Olympics as much, if not more, than the summer games. 

Short track speed skating? All day, everyday. Hockey, yes please. Biathlon? What's not to love? And, of course, y'all know how I feel about the great sport of curling! 

Added to that, the Winter Olympics isn't dominated by the US in the game way the Summer Games are. When we were watching the Summer Olympics last year, it was a shock to see the US not take the gold in any event. It was high stress. In the Winter Olympics, you end up with a situation like in 2018 when I exacerbate my pneumonia because I'm up late watching (and yelling) as the US Curling Team win an improbable Gold Medal. Don't get me wrong, I love the Summer Games too; I just wanted to share my love for the Winter Olympics.

So, if over the next few weeks you're in a meeting with me and I look a little sleep deprived, it's probably because I was up late watching something amazing happen on the ice or snow. We're having an Opening Ceremony party tonight, then it'll be 3 weeks of sweet sweet international competition. #TeamUSA

Have an excellent day!

~Adam


No comments:

Post a Comment