Friday, December 11, 2015

My Christmas Campaign...

Hello, friends!

It's December, which means we are fully into the Christmas season. There are a lot of things that I love about Christmas. I love celebrating the birth of our Lord and Savior. I love spending time with family. I love eating delicious Christmas desserts that Meg makes. There are a lot of things to love.

However, there is one thing (ok, more than one thing) that bothers me to no end every year about Christmas and this year I've finally decided that it's time for me to say something about it. Ready? Here it is...

"Baby It's Cold Outside" is the worst Christmas song ever and should be taken off the radio.

Whew! I feel so much better now! =0).

Allow me to expound upon my point. I should make it clear that I have nothing against Christmas music in general. I can listen to the Mariah Carey and Christina Aguilera belt out Christmas tunes with not problem. As far as I'm concerned this song right here is pure magic. I'll walk in a winter wonderland, jingle a bell, and deck the halls with the best of them. But I can't STAND Baby It's Cold Outside.

Understand, it's not the melody itself. It's a very catchy tune (which is probably part of the problem). The problem are the lyrics.

Does anyone else think that this song is creepy?!?! The whole plot of the song is that this gal doesn't want to stay but the dude totally coerces her into staying the night, probably to have sex! He sweet talks her. He makes excuses. He even puts something in her! Surely I'm not the only one that sees a problem with this, right?!

So, friends, here is my plea to you. Turn off your radio when Baby It's Cold Outside hits the airwaves. In fact, maybe call your radio station and ask them to not play it anymore. Maybe take to Twitter or Facebook to start a campaign. Let's get this song, in all of its iterations, off the air!

End of rant. Merry Christmas. =0).

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment