Thursday, June 27, 2013

New Adventures Await!

Hello, friends! 

I am writing to you all from beautiful Sioux Falls, South Dakota, where we are visiting Meg's family as part of our Midwest tour.  Here's the plan:

- Drive from StL to CoMO on Tuesday to do a little house work (check!)
- Drive from CoMO to Sioux Falls to visit Meg's sister and family (check!)
- Tomorrow we drive from Sioux Falls to Watertown, SD to visit her parents and attend a wedding
- From there we will drive to Madison, WI where Meg is going to be coaching a staff in planting
- After I drop off Meg, I'll head to Milwaukee to visit with a Mizzou ACF alum
- Milwaukee will take me to Chicago to meet a different WashU alum
- Finally, I'll get back to St. Louis on either July 3 or 4 before heading back to CoMO on the 6th

So, that's a lot of travel and adventure for Meg and me but this post isn't about us.  It's actually about the folk who are in Madison, WI right now.

InterVarsity's headquarters are in Madison and every summer, all the new InterVarsity staff hires gather together to receive training at Orientation for New Staff (ONS).  It is a time of learning about InterVarsity, learning about Ministry Partner Development, and learning about yourself as you try and take in all the information thrown at you. 

My ONS was a trip.  I had just finished my intern year and was craving time with staff, seeing how I spent most of my year 120 miles from any co-workers.  The year had gone ok but it was obvious that I had some work to do if I was going to last.  I was also going to be spending an extra week in Madison to receive the same training that Meg is giving this year.  It's amazing that I survived. 

So, to all my new co-workers, I say, welcome!  My prayer for each of you is that your tenure with InterVarsity, no matter how long, will be one filled with fruit, both on your campuses and in your personal lives. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment