Friday, May 1, 2015

Conference Legacies

Hello, friends!

I love conferences. I’m going to be directing the Missouri Fall Conference next year so here’s hoping I love them. =0). One of the things that I love the most about conference is how they change lives and build legacies.

About 4 years back, one of our students Danny invited Willin, a freshman, to go to Fall Conference. Willin wasn’t a Chrisitan but Danny believed that there was a shot. It turns out that Danny was right, and Willin gave her life to Jesus at that Fall Conference.

Fast forward just about a year and we’re getting ready for our next Fall Conference. I tell our Core students that if they have any friends they want to go and those friends need a scholarship to email me and we’ll make it work.

The email I got from Willin is one that I will always remember. It said, “I’d like to give Elaine a scholarship to Fall Conference. If she goes, she will accept Jesus.” Just like that. The confidence and faith that Willin had was amazing. You know what the best part is? She was totally right. We gave Elaine the scholarship and at Fall Conference she decided to give her life to Jesus, standing right next to Willin. =0).


Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment