Tuesday, February 12, 2013

FloValley Fun!!!

Hello, friends! 

Yesterday was Monday, meaning it was a FloValley day!  Not only did Meg join us (which was totally awesome) but Robert had a great experience with a student!  Instead of me telling you about it, here are his words: 

Hey friends!

I totally wasn't expecting such an amazing story from Flo Valley today. Despite whatever hardheartedness I may have had that was enough for me to not be expectant, God is amazing in the invitations He makes!
We were doing the Money Proxe Station at Flo Valley's campus today in trying to see if people were interested in our Monday bible study and possibly wanting to give their signatures to eventually make InterVarsity an official student group on campus and saw that there were two people, DJ and Markkease who seemed interested in the proxe station. I was kind of hoping to just listen to Adam finish his conversation with someone so that I could know exactly what to invite them to, but that would've been awkward to simply stand there in front of the first panel looking at them look at me and the proxe so I started walking them through it.
 
After much good conversation about how they'd spend a million dollars and 25 dollars, we got to the passage from Luke about not being rich to God and the consequences that had. DJ was trying to justify herself with all the things she did and that she did more than Markkease while Markkease was talking about how he believed in the bible story because he believed in God. When we got to the four circle diagram on the last panel, the second person said that even though he believed in God, he didn't really know about Jesus.

So I shared the gospel with them with the help of the diagram and then apparently learned from God rather than Adam that the invitation was to pray for Markkease that he would actually have a relationship with Jesus for the first time. He said yes and we began to pray. As I prayed, I noticed he started repeating what I was saying and thought, oh I need to adjust so that he can keep up. So in short sentences that he repeated, we acknowledged we are sinners and that Jesus is our Lord and Savior who forgives us for those sins and that the Holy Spirit would go into Markkease and then thank you. It was really cool! As I type this, I'm reminded of the parable in Luke where the man who beat his chest in asking for mercy was the one justified rather than the other person who thanked God for how he was better than the other man.

I got his contact info and he gave me his ID number for one of the signatures to make InterVarsity a student group. I hope to meet him sometime next week to talk about how we can celebrate.
Thanks!
Robert
Praise God for Robert's sensitivity to the Spirit and his risk taking.  Also, praise God for new life at FloValley.  Hooray!!!
 
Have an excellent day!
 
~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment