Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Good Curling!!!

Hello, friends! 

Y'all, I am tired... 

Not just because there's a new episode of Story Central that just dropped.

Or because I was featured on the Car Free Midwest podcast, talking about sustainable transportation.

PART of it is because I preached on Sunday at Church, but that's not everything. 

All those played a factor in my fatigue but the REAL reason is this...

I've been up late watching curling.

This year, Omaha hosted the US Olympic trials, which means I got to watch some amazing curling on TV but also got to see some amazing curling on TV. Since our club was host club for the trials, I also got to help out with some of the learn to curl and volunteer activities. It was a LOT of curling and I couldn't be happier. 

When we moved here to Omaha, I knew that one of the first things I wanted to do was to get involved in the local curling club. There wasn't a club in CoMO so I didn't get to go as much as I wanted. Over the past 3+ years, I've not only gotten better but I've learned more about the strategy of the game and I've fallen more and more in love with the sport. 

So, here's to Team Shuster! Congrats on winning the trials (4th time in a row!) and I'll be looking forward to cheering you on from my couch when you compete in Beijing in 2022. Given the time difference, I'll probably be exhausted then too... =0). 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam 





No comments:

Post a Comment