Friday, December 3, 2021

Honoring Uncle Stan...

Hello, friends!

I few weeks ago, one of our ministry partners, Uncle Stan Louie, passed away. Uncle Stan and Auntie Joyce were some of my first ever ministry partners, when I started with InterVarsity in 2007. As I was thinking about Uncle Stan and his life and legacy, there were a few things that jumped out to me. 

- Humility: Uncle Stan was one of the kindest, most unassuming men you would ever meet. He always had a smile on his face and was happy to serve in the background. I always appreciated the quiet dignity with which he carried himself. As someone who is more of a "big personality" seeing Uncle Stan live his life was foreign to me yet still inspiring. 

- Generosity: Fun thing about Uncle Stan. He and Auntie Joyce were some of my first ever ministry partners but I never formally asked them to partner with me. I just remember getting an email from InterVarsity saying that a new donation had been set up from them. Uncle Stan (and Auntie Joyce) were just generous people. In fact, my mom told me that as part of the funeral service, Uncle Stan asked that people contribute to our work with InterVarsity. That's so amazing. 

- Kind: Uncle Stan was one of those guys who always had a kind smile. You know that smile I mean, right? The one where when you see it, you know that you have a friend. Uncle Stan was kind enough to give Chinese names to each of my children. Uncle Stan was kind enough to always say hello at church and chat for a while after service. Uncle Stan was a kind man. 

So, here's to you, Uncle Stan. You will be greatly missed. Thank you for being a great man of God, a great ministry partner, and an inspiration. Enjoy Heaven...

Have an excellent day!

~Adam


https://www.legacy.com/funeral-homes/obituaries/name/stanley-louie-obituary?pid=200641358&v=batesville&view=guestbook

No comments:

Post a Comment