Thursday, December 9, 2021

Heading to Regionals!

Hello, friends!

Tomorrow, Megan and I will (hopefully) be heading down to Kansas City for our Regional Staff Conference (RSC). This will be the first time our entire 4-State staff team will all in the same room since 2019. I've been joking with staff that I'm excited to be reminded of how tall everyone actually is since I've only seen them from the shoulders up via Zoom these past 2 years. =0).

I have a few different roles during RSC this year. Part of our focus is going to training on a national Alumni initiative we'll be doing for the next 18 months, so I'll be helping lead that. The other part of our focus is to reconnect with one another, so I'll be leading a few informal "fun" times.

If you have the time this weekend, could you please be praying for us?

- Travel: It's only a 2.5 hour drive to the retreat site but there is a chance of snow. Added to that, if the snow stops my in-laws from coming down to watch the kids, Megan will have to stay home.

- Kids: Speaking of the kids, if my in-laws do make it down, this will be the longest that the kids have been without at least one parent with them. Pray they will handle that well.

- Connection: My favorite part of these Regional gatherings is the. "in between" times, when staff just get to connect with no real agenda or thing to accomplish. We've missed that over the past few years. Please pray for real connection between the staff.

- Health. We'll be masked during sessions and spending as much time as possible outside (or at least I will) but COVID is still a thing. Please pray for protection for the entire team.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment