Thursday, November 4, 2021

Happy Halloween!

Hey, friends!

I know I'm a few days late but Happy Halloween to everyone! I'm not one who is really big into celebrating holidays but I can at least appreciate that Halloween is one of the more fun holidays to celebrate.

We had a really full and fun Halloween. Megan took the kids to Sioux Falls for the weekend but they were back in time for us to go trick or treating together. Since Halloween fell on a Sunday this year, our church did a Trunk or Treat (promoted as "Junk in the Trunk"), which was also fun. I helped with parking (so cold!) and was also part of a group costume with the Church staff (that's me as "Asian Jim" from The Office.).

The kids got home around 4 and a coworker of ours came over to do some Halloween crafts before we headed out to trick or treat. The neighborhood we hit was packed and there's good reason why. This neighborhood does Halloween up big, including some houses that give out full sized candy bars and one house that even gave Ezra a 1000 piece puzzle! 

After getting the kids home and to bed (only one piece of candy before bed, kids!), Megan and I watched a Halloween movie. This time it was my choice, The Nightmare before Christmas. 

From a really packed day, full of fun, I learned one valuable lesson: If the adults passing out candy don't know your son is allergic to dairy and tree nuts, they'll give the cutie in the panda costume the good stuff, which of course, translates into more candy for Daddy! =0). 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam






No comments:

Post a Comment