Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Racism and COVID-19 (Part 2): And a Child Shall Lead Them

 Hello, friends! 

A few months back, as the COVID-19 pandemic was just getting started, I wrote a post about how Asians Asian Americans living in the United States were being targeted as the "cause" of the pandemic. There are tons of videos and news articles with anecdotal evidence. I'd like to add one more piece of media that just came across my desk. 

The link below will take you to an audio link for Masked Kids, the podcast produced by Dragon Kids of P.S. 126 in Manhattan. It won NPR's Kid's Podcast Challenge in the Middle School division. I'm not saying listening to it made me almost tear up. I am saying that somehow this podcast activated my allergies... =0). 

Enjoy, and fight anti-Asian racism! 

https://soundcloud.com/karin-patterson-148776835/masked-kids

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment