Wednesday, October 31, 2018

MO Fast, Mo Roadtrip!!!

Hello, friends!

As my good friend Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson* likes to say, "FINALLY, THE LEONGS ARE COMING BACK TO MISSOURI!!!"

We made a trip out to CoMO and St. Louis at the end of our Sabbatical to see family and friends and such but this will be our first trip back for InterVarsity purposes. It should be a blast. Here's the itinerary:

Monday: Leave for CoMO
Tuesday: Hang out with folk in CoMO (and see if I can get to Jingo's for some spicy beef noodle soup) then head to St. Louis.
Wednesday: I'm leading an MPD training for the MO Fast team on Wednesday and Thursday.
Thursday: More MPD!
Friday: Seeing friends and family
Saturday: Meg is leading an ISM staff training in the morning
Sunday: Visiting one of our partner churches before heading back to Omaha

That's a whole week in the great state of Missouri! I'm really excited about this trip for a few different reasons:

1) It'll be good to see the old staff team again. I've had a few interactions with them here and there but to this level. I'm excited to work those wonderful folk again.
2) It'll be good to do some MPD training! This is honestly one of my favorite parts of my new job. I love breaking down MPD into doable bites of work that actually get staff excited to do the work.
3) It'll be good to see family and friends. Of course, we'll get to hang out with my aunt who lives in St. Louis but we'll also see a few other folk who we haven't seen in quite some time.
4)

So, friends! If you're thinking of us, please be praying for us as we travel. Pray for journey's mercies, good connections, and lots of fun! No blog next week but we'll see you the week after with an update.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam


*Note: Adam has never met Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson but went to high school with his cousin, so we're practically family.

No comments:

Post a Comment