Wednesday, November 14, 2018

Prospective Staff Weekend!!!

Hello, friends!

Thanks to everyone who way praying for us as we made our Missouri road trip last week. Besides a little bit of sickness for me (and then Thaliea) it was a great trip. Both Megan and I thought that our trainings went well and it was good to see Aunt Judi and my dad who ended up coming into town. Ezra and Thaliea definitely enjoyed being spoiled by "Gu Pah" (Great Aunt) and Gung Gung (Grandpa).

Even though we just got back on Sunday, it's almost time to hit the road again! On Saturday we'll be heading to Kansas City for Prospective Staff Weekend (PSW), which is when folk from all over our Region who are interested in potentially joining staff come together so we can help them begin the discernment process. It's honestly one of my favorite things that we do as a Region.

My job is going to be laying out the MPD portion of staff life. I'll hopefully be casting a vision that MPD is different from fundraising and that our desire for partnership should motivate us as opposed to scare us, when it comes to MPD. I did the same section last year and I really enjoyed it. It was also well received. Here's hoping the sequel is as good as the original. =0).

Friends, please be praying for us as we prepare for PSW. There are a few specific ways you can be praying:
- Journey's mercies to and from Kansas City. The kids did pretty well on our Missouri trip. Here's hoping we have a repeat.
- Megan and I will both be leading small groups. She's much better at leading them than I am. Pray that we will be helpful as we begin the discernment process with prospective staff.
- I'll be doing the MPD talk and Megan will be a part of a panel on "a day in the life of staff." Please pray that God will speak through us in each of our sections.

Next week is Thanksgiving so no post next week. But, I do want to say that I'm thankful for all of you.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment