Wednesday, October 3, 2018

And Now a Note From Meg...

Hello, friends!

I'm honored to have my lovely wife Megan guest blog for me today with one of her Sabbatical reflections. We took Sabbatical together through the first half of 2018. I've posted lots of my thoughts on my Omaha SuperBlog if you want to read those.

Have an excellent day!


We live in a culture of performance, workaholism, materialism, you can do anything you put your mind to, and distraction by technology. It is only natural then to bring these same ideals into ministry life. It then can easily turn into depending on myself to bring forth results in ministry versus depending on God. Many times our hearts can be in the right place, longing to see people know God and follow him, but when the dependence is on ourselves or even someone else to make that happen, that's when trouble happens.

Two and half months ago we came back from a much needed six month Sabbatical. One practice I have been able to take from Sabbatical is beginning my work days with prayer for the ministry. It sounds simple and is something I should have done a long long time ago. It wasn't that I didn't pray for the ministry in the past, but in the craziness of having kids and doing student ministry, there was just always something that felt pressing to do right away. So now as soon as I drop off the kids at daycare, I begin that time with the Lord, praying for international students and their staff across our region. The result? A shifting for me as I begin the work that God has asked me to do with dependence on Him. If anything is going to happen, it is going to have to happen through God's power, not my own. And it does!

~Megan (and Adam too)

No comments:

Post a Comment