Sunday, June 29, 2014

Final Countdown!

Hello, friends! 

It just hit me today... this week Megan and I are leaving for Cambodia...

This trip has been a long time coming.  I'm pretty sure we agreed to it in January, or maybe even earlier than  that.  Either way, it's been at least 7 months of preparations, planning, recruiting, fundraising, and strategizing.  There have been hard conversations, tough decisions, joy, pain, frustration, and a whole lot of prayer.  Still, up until earlier today, everything felt like it was a long way off.  Cambodia was something that was going to happen in the future.  Well, the future is won. 

Our list of things to do seems to get longer and shorter at the same time.  Both Megan and I are being very diligent in making sure that we are staying on task.  At the same time, we continue to find new things that need to be done so that we are as prepared as possible for the task at hand.  I won't say that I'm feeling anxiety right now about the things that are still to be done or about the trip in general.  It's more a sense of excited nervousness.  The best way that I can describe it is to say it's very similar to how I felt right before an intramural football game back during my undergrad days. 

Friends, I know these next few days are going to fly by.  Before you know it, we'll be on our way to Chicago to catch our flight that will take us to San Francisco, then Taipei, before we land in Phnom Penh, 48 hours after we boarded our first flight.  During that time, we still need to pack, buy some last supplies, check on the team, and make sure that we have all our ducks in a row. 

Please continue to pray for us.  Pray for our team.  Pray for the logistics.  Pray that God will be preparing us to go to Cambodia and that He will be preparing Cambodia for us to be there.  Pray that we will be open to what He has for us and that He will be protecting us.  Thanks. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment