Friday, March 1, 2013

New Life at UMSL!

Hello, friends! 

Happy March to you all.  It's funny how February has a tendency to fly by, doesn't it?  I guess 28 days doesn't last quite as long as it used to last.  =0). 

Once, again, we have a wonderful guest post from my beautiful, caring, lovely, and oh so good at her job wife, Meg.  Read below about the wonderful things happening at UMSL! 

Hello Everybody!
Andi (the intern Meg is training) & I have exciting news from UMSL to share! Last semester a curious international student, Pheobe*, walked up to our table along with her not so curious roommate, Penny*. As the semester progressed Phoebe became more and more curious about Jesus, attending both the language specific Bible study at her church and with us.

A few days ago the leader of the language specific Bible study let me know he thought Phoebe was ready to accept Jesus but wanted to do so with International Friends. Knowing this, last night when I saw them I asked Phoebe and Penny how their perspective on Jesus had changed since the beginning of the year. Penny pointed out that Phoebe had become a Christian..... I said "Oh really? When did this happen?!?" She said "At Bible study I just had the feeling I was ready. My heart started to pound and I just knew." I asked "So have you prayed about it?" She said "No, I wanted to pray with you about it." I asked if she wanted to do it then, but she said that we could meet up and do it at lunch the next day. Well friends, today was that day. We have a new sister in the Kingdom! 

Praise God that her family knows her decision and she hopes to share with them & her friends her faith in Jesus! Please pray for her roommates and the other students that will hear of her decision this Saturday at our Large Group "Global Cafe" will too say yes to Jesus.

Hooray!!!  Isn't that great!  Here are a few ways you can be praying for us:

- GLOBAL CAFE SATURDAY.  Phoebe will be sharing her story on Saturday @ UMSL.  Please pray that other students will say yes to Jesus. 
- CALIFORNIA TRIP.  I am heading to Cali tomorrow and Meg will be joining me on Thursday.  Thursday-Sunday is the Asian American Ministries Staff Conference and I will be heading out a few days early to see my family and meet with some ministry partners.  Please pray for journey's mercies and a fruitful time. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment