Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Two Thousand Mile Trust...

Hello, friends!

Greetings from the great northwest!  I am here is beautiful ok, a little bit gloomy, Seattle, Washington on a coaching visit to the University of Washington. 

One of my roles this year has been a planting coach for InterVarsity's National Planting Cohort.  Each year, InterVarsity selects 20 staff from all over the country who will be planing chapters.  They are given special training, extra resources, and a coach for their first year.  This year I had the privilege of being asked to coach a wonderful planter named Marshae, who is planting a BCM chapter at UW. 

There are tons of reasons to be excited about this trip.  The BCM plant at UW has been moving and Marshae has been doing a great job.  I get to see my old college buddy T-mo, which is always a pleasure.  I also plan on eating at least 3 times at Dick's Drive-In, which for some reason, has a strange hold on me.  But, I am also here understanding that I need a lot of trust and faith right now. 

See, this trip to Seattle begins my 3 weeks away form Columbia.  I will be in Seattle, Saint Louis, Omaha, and San Diego over the next 17 days or so, away from ACF, away from BCM, and away from Mizzou.  There are few things more trying for a staff than to be away from campus for extended periods of time. 

I was hanging out with Jesus yesterday and a phrase kept popping into my head.  "Do you believe that I got this?"  I think it was Jesus asking me to trust Him.  I think Jesus is asking me to put my faith in Him, and not my abilities on campus.  I have to trust that He will do good work in the students, even if I am not around.  He will lead them and motivate them, even if I am somewhere else.  From 2000 miles away, I have to be ok with letting Jesus be in control. 

Prayer Points:
- Please pray for ACF and BCM during this time.  Pray that God will move and that students will move closer to mission during this time. 
- Also, please pray for me, that God will increase my faith and my trust during this time. 
- One last note, today is the last day for folk to sign up as an early bird for Catalyst, our end of the year retreat.  Right now we have a lot of "maybe" students.  Please pray that God will work in their hearts and get them there.

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment