Sunday, April 29, 2012

Seven Days...

Hello, friends! 

It seems like forever since the last time I was in CoMo.  In reality, it was under 3 weeks, but in campus ministry time, that is an eternity!  I am happy to be back, even if only for a week before the school year ends. 

What a ride it has been!  In the past 3 weeks I (in no particular order) went to Seattle, got engaged, went on a 2 day spiritual formation retreat, went to Omaha to see my fiance's family, got the stomach flu, went to San Diego, and took a grand tour of the Saint Louis metro area looking for reception sites.  I also sent approximately 200 text messages, dozens of emails, and had one Skype conversation with a student.  Now, it is time to finish strong. 

There is always a temptation to coast this last week.  I wrote an email to our volunteer staff, who does the weekly emails for ACF and the only thing that I had for her to write was our last Large Group of the year.  It will be a short ACF email.  Students are preparing for finals and not in a super mood to hang out with staff workers.  Registration is closed on Catalyst, our end of the year conference, so there is nothing to recruit to.  It would be easy to just work on finishing up the year with everything in tact and beginning to look forward to next year. 

But, 7 days is a long time.  Students can make decisions to follow Jesus in 7 days.  BCM students can solidify their committments to the mission in 7 days.  Next year's leaders can begin the development process in 7 days.  A lot can happen in 7 days. 

So, please pray with me and for me.  Pray that God will use these next 7 days to further His mission on campus.  Pray that I will be inspired to work hard and finish strong, and fight the temptation to coast.  Pray that these last 7 days will be the best 7 days of the year. 

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment