Sunday, March 25, 2012

An Alternative Spring Break...

Hello, friends! 
I hope that you are all having an absolutely wonderful Sunday.  Here in Mizzou land it is Spring Break, which means that it's time for City Lights.  This year will mark my first as a staff that I will not be joining Mizzou students in Saint Louis as they learn about God's heart for the poor and what He has to say about justice in the world. 

Originally, when the semester started, I decided that if I couldn't get any of my BCM students to attend City Lights, I would not go, instead using the time to rest up a bit and vision for the rest of the semester.  A little bit later, after talking to some BCM students, I decided that getting them to both Catalyst and City Lights was probably going to be a stretch, and that Catalyst was the higher priority.  So, I made the decision that I would not be joining the 19 ACF students, including 11 internationals and at least 9 non-Christians on the City Lights trip.  In fact, I was very much looking forward to not having to wake up at 5:30 every morning and leading work projects.  =0).

The students arrived yesterday, and since I was already in Saint Louis, I figured I would greet them as they registered then be on my way before the tour of Saint Louis started and the project began in earnest.  That was my first mistake. 

When I arrived at the City Lights campus, I remembered how much I loved the City Lights project.  I walked through the dorms, visited the kitchen, and peeked into the chapel.  I was flooded with memories of late night conversations, huge epiphanies, and students encountering Jesus, some for the first time.  Some students had already arrived and it was like second nature to me to start directing them as they moved from registration to the dorms to the first session.  In many ways, it was like coming home. 

So, here I am wondering what I am going to do with myself.  I have a ton of stuff to do this week, including a number of different meeting with some of my BCM students.  I am also going to get a little rest and do that visioning I originally planned to do.  It will be a full week and I certainly think that I made the right decision.  Still, there will probably be times this week when I am reminded of what the students at City Lights are doing right now and how much I miss the project. 

Prayer Points:
- Please keep the City Lights students in your prayers.  We have international students, Americans, Christians, and non-Christians.  Pray that God will move in each of them in a really powerful way this week. 
- Also, please pray for me as I vision for BCM this week.  Pray that God will give me a really clear sense of what to do and where to focus my time for the home stretch. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment