Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Oh Mama, why?!?!

Hello, friends! 

If you know me, you know that I love my Mama.  In fact, I am proud to call myself a Mama's boy in the best sense of the word.  I owe Mama everything and would do anything for her short of killing a man (and even that I'd have to think hard about). 

But, there is one thing that I wish Mama didn't do growing up, and that's give me so much medicine.  If I had a sniffle, a cough, or anything higher than a 98.6, I was getting drugged up and drugged up good.  This was great when I was growing up because I was able to gather my fair share of sick days, but now I can see that the short term gains were not worth the long term losses.  For you see, my friends, I have no immune system. 

I'm sitting her in the Student Center right now, fighting off a flu with everything I have.  I can feel the body aches.  My thyroids are a little sore and I'll bet if you took my temperature right now it would be just a touch high.  All signs point to me being bedridden tomorrow. 

Of course, I'm only joking about blaming Mama for this (mostly).  But, I am someone who gets sick fairly often.  I have a history of migraines and am good for at least 1-2 sick days a season.  I have two theories as to why this happens.  The first is that Mama gave me to many meds as a kid.  There could be a little bit of truth to this, but T, Phuzz, and the Kid don't get too sick too often, so that may not hold as much water as I would like. 

My second theory is that God likes to remind me of who is in charge of His ministry at Mizzou.  When I have a migraine or the flu I'm not much good on campus.  In fact, I'm pretty worthless.  I can get a little bit of work done on the computer, but most of the time I'm spending is sleeping.  One nice thing about these days is that I get to spend some good time in prayer too.  This is when God reminds me that prayer is super crucial to ministry and that even though I'm not on campus, He still is. 

Typically, October and March are my worst months for migraines, usually averaging a little over 2 per week.  Please pray this month that God will be show me mercy and that I won't have to deal with these bad boys this month.  Also pray that in the midst of the pain, I will be seeking Jesus and be reminded of who is in charge. 

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment