Thursday, June 18, 2020

Helping the Children...

Hello, friends! 

Today for lunch, Megan and I had the pleasure of presenting our ministry case to the staff team of our church, inviting them to partner with us and the work we do with InterVarsity. We provided the food (Thai food from a local restaurant) and they, like the good hosts that they always are, provided drinks and utensils and such. 

As we were talking, connecting, and eating our food, I was reminded of a very important job I needed to do. 

"Guys, can I have your soda can tabs?"

For the past few months, Ezra (with some help from Thaliea) has been collecting can tops. It started when I started drinking soda again. I told him that if he collected a bunch of them, he could donate them to a place that helps children.  Ezra was very excited about the possibility of helping children, so he was definitely on board. 

Since he started a while back, his little mason jar is probably about a quarter of the way full. My parents send him a little baggie full of tabs last week, which helped a lot. He's still collecting but he also lets Thaliea put a few tabs in the jar every now and then. 

If you're down for helping out some kiddos (both mine and the ones at the Ronald McDonald House), save your tabs and the next time you see me, I'd be glad to take them off your hands. Of course, you could send the tabs to me too (just message me and I'll get you an address) but I don't know if shipping costs defeats the purpose. Either way, we'd love to have you on the team as we help the children! 

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment