Wednesday, February 20, 2019

So... much... snow...

Hello, friends!

When we moved to Omaha, we knew that some things were going to be different than when we lived in CoMO. We knew that the city was going to be bigger so it was going to take a little longer to get around. We knew that it was going to be colder during the winter since we were further north. We knew that there would be some adjustments to make.

No one told me about the snow...

Y'all, it just stays! It comes, and it stays! I don't know how much it's snowed in the past few weeks but I do know that it won't go away! We had one day at the beginning of the month when there was rain and the temperatures were warm enough for all the January snow to melt. Then do you know what happened? It snowed! Then it snowed again! Then it snowed a third time! And we just finished another 6 inches of snow. All those inches are just piling on top of each other, making our back yard about a foot and a half taller. Our new snow shovel is already showing signs of wear. Y'all, it won't... stop... snowing.

Back in CoMO, winter weather was different. It'd snow and there would be ice, for sure but the temperatures would always make their way back up above freezing so nothing stayed on the ground for more than a few days. You'd have the inconvenience of snow but you could usually just drive over it without having to shovel your driveway because you knew it'd be gone soon. There was the occasional "snow-pocalypse" when we got a huge dump of it, but even those never lasted for very long, relatively speaking.

Look, I'm not saying I want to move back. I'm not saying that Omaha is terrible or that this whole thing is unacceptable. I'm not saying that the plows haven't been doing a great job or that we aren't going to make it work. I'm just saying there's a whole lot of it and I wouldn't mind seeing my driveway in its entirety sometime soon.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment