Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Kansas Bound!

Hello, friends!

Prior to Mizzou leaving the Big XII for the SEC in 2012, Mizzou's biggest rival was the University of Kansas, located in Lawrence, KS, about an hour west of Kansas City. Around Columbia, if you wanted to get the crowd really riled up, you wore the blue and red of KU in Black and Gold country. While we bested them in football, they have the basketball national championships to hold over Mizzou's collective head. It was a rivalry steeped in tradition, history, and some good, old fashioned, college hatred.

I've only been to Lawrence once. A group of KU students came to St. Louis one Spring Break to do an urban project. There, the idea was hatched to play some "friendly" basketball in Lawrence. Since Mizzou is on the way to KU from St. Louis, I grabbed my student who balled the most, hopped in the car, and played some hoops.

We won.

I haven't been back since.

UNTIL NOW!

Part of my job is doing training all across the Region (Kansas, Iowa, Missouri, and Nebraska) for staff teams. On Friday, I get to take my first trip as part of the job. I'll be heading to Lawrence to train the staff team on deepening their MPD networks. It'll be a short trip but it should be a good one.

The plan is pretty simple: I'll leave for Lawrence in the morning, do the training in the late morning. Possibly meet with some ministry partners in the afternoon and/or evening in Kansas City, and be home before I turn into a pumpkin late that night. Meg and the kids will be in SoDak visiting Grandma and Papa so I've got all the time in the world. I'm looking forward to visiting a staff team. I'm looking forward to eating something delicious in Kansas City. I'm looking forward to the audiobooks I'm going to be busting out on the road. I'm looking forward to my first travel trip.

Friends, if you have a moment on Friday, please be praying for me, particularly for journey's mercies. It's a pretty easy trip along the interstate but stuff happens.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment