Saturday, October 18, 2014

What Did We Do to Deserve This?

Hello, friends!

I'm writing to you from the basement of one of the student centers here at Mizzou, getting a bunch of admin done before the start of a new week and new craziness that always seems to come with working with college students.

As I sit here preparing for the week ahead, setting up meetings, trying to put my week together, and working on what needs to get done, I was struck by how much Megan and I have been blessed by God in the past few weeks. In all phases of life and ministry, God has continued to be faithful, in ways both large and small.

Campus wise, things can always be better, but honestly, I can't help but feel blessed. The International Student Ministry that Megan has been planting continues to grow. I've been having fun working with a small group in the School of Nursing and I've also felt a lot of peace about the fact that ACF is not as big as it was last year in terms of students participating.

There are other parts to ministry as well. I mentioned last week that I'm spending much more of my time working on our funding, getting it to a healthy level so that both Megan and I can continue to do what we do. Just in the past few weeks we've seen our deficit drop from $20,000 to just under $16,000 in unsolicited partnership.

We were also blessed this past week by having Megan's sister, brother-in-law, and nephew come to visit us for a few days. I'm so thankful that we have family that loves us and wants to spend time with us.

Friends, this season is always a busy one during the semester, when things are constantly happening and usually something is going differently than we plan. I'm encouraged that my attitude at this point is one of optimism. My body and mind are definitely tired but my spirit is upbeat and strong. My prayer is that this will continue as more craziness comes.

Have an excellent day!

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment