Sunday, September 15, 2013

Highs and Lows...

Hello, friends! 

What a difference 7 days can make, yeah?  Last week was one of those weeks where it seemed like everything was going right and things were really starting to hum here in Columbia.  This week was one of those weeks where you are reminded that in college ministry, or life in general, things can go south just as quickly as they start going good. 

I haven't decided if I am one for hyperbole or not (I probably am), so I don't want to say that this was one of those weeks where EVERYTHING went wrong, but it sure did feel like there were more downs than ups.  If I had to categorize this past week, I would call it the "Buffet of Bad Deals."  Nothing was overwhelmingly bad but there was a nice sampling to go. 

You may be asking yourself what goes into a bad week in campus ministry.  Usually it means:
- Conversations that go poorly (or at least not as expected)
- Low turnout for events
- Lack of time that leads to lack of preparation that leads to less than stellar teaching
- Getting stood up/having to cancel meetings with students
- Having your bike stolen (oh wait, that may just be me). 

Here's the thing about campus ministry: you can't ride the highs or the lows and you have to remember that no matter what, God is good.  If I got down every time a student left me hanging or our event didn't have as many people as expected, I would never leave the house.  No matter what, God is good. 

So, please be praying for me, that I will remember God's goodness.  Already this next week has started to move in the right direction, so here's hoping I post (sooner rather than later) with a great update of the ways that God is moving on campus.

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam 

No comments:

Post a Comment