Saturday, September 28, 2013

For My Wife...

Hello, friends!

Guess what today is!  It is Meg and my anniversary!  One year ago today, I was a nervous wreck, praying that I wouldn't throw up or forget the chords to the song that I was going to play at our wedding.  One year ago today, Meg and I started on a crazy adventure that I don't think either of us truly anticipated.  One year ago today, I made one of the best decisions of my life, second only to my decision to follow Jesus.  One year ago today was kind of a big deal, eh?  =0).

As I look back at this past year, I am so thankful for Meg.  Words cannot describe how much I love and appreciate her.  I may not show it all the time but I am so thankful that we get to spend the rest of our lives together.  She has inspired me to be a better husband, a better staff, a better man, and a better follower of Jesus.  She has dealt with my selfishness, my pride, my corny jokes, and my various quirks.  She is an incredible cook, an incredible co-laborer, an incredible wife and an incredible woman.

Last night, I asked Meg what her favorite memory from the past year was.  We both had a hard time thinking of one that was not related to our honeymoon, which seemed a little like cheating.  =0).  Thinking about it now, I don't know if I have a single favorite but I do have an event that I love whenever it happens.  We'll be sitting on the couch watching a movie or something and it will hit me that the gorgeous and wonderful woman sitting next to me is my wife.  That moment is my favorite.

I won't lie to you amends diary that it has been all rainbows and butterflies the entire time.  Over thing I have learned is that marriage is hard work.  It takes a lot of communication and humility, two attributes that do not come naturally to me.  There have been some rough spots but the good has definitely outweighed the bad.

I could keep typing but it would probably start to get a little uncomfortable so i think I will stop here.  My prayer, and hopefully UI ours too, is that I will be able to show Meg how much I love her every day, and not just a blog post once a year.

Have an excellent day! 

~Adam

No comments:

Post a Comment